Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Saying Goodbye

When I first entered the drawings to get a Pirate 101 Beta key, I knew that sooner or later this day would come. With the new pre-sale bundles coming out tomorrow - for International Talk Like a Pirate Day, no less - word has come down from One-Eyed Jack that today's major build release will come with the dreaded character wipe.

All the pirates in the Spiral are getting deleted today, so we can start fresh and focus on testing the new player experience. This also gives KI a chance to load-test the system, to see how it deals with the massive tide of a simulated Launch Day.

So it's with a heavy heart I say goodbye to Silent Sydney Lewis, a Privateer with a Witch Doctor's heart, sailing off into the Mooshu sunset for the final time. I don't know yet what I'll be on the other side, but I'm grateful for the battle lessons she's taught me.


This is the way I'll remember her, hiding on a beach at Fort Elena, spying on the Armada fleet.

Smooth Sailing!

No comments:

Post a Comment